UNIQUE opportunity to get your hands on a very rare Fender Telecaster Ash Collector's Edition from 1998. Top of the range instrument with luxury appointments, number 12 out of 1998 ever made!
Stunning looks, gorgeous sounds and an investment opportunity! Was well played over the years, but not abused, scratches here and there but everything purely cosmetic. The previous owner decided to sand down the buckle rash on the back, but it has since been lacquered over, so you cannot feel it at all and your audience will never see it as well.
Beautiful figured Swamp Ash Telecaster body doesn't weight a ton and resonates like a true vintage Tele. Two tone sunburst is exactly as they were in 1952, pickguard used to be black but now has been replaced back with original single ply white one (ignore the black pickguard in the photo with the case).
Every single detail replicates the legendary 1955 Tele (even the round string tree and "Pat pending" bridge"). Very comfortable soft V-shape maple neck boasts a lovely flame on the back and doesn't have any wear. Very light wear on the frets, no buzzing or choking!
Stunning specially voiced 1955 Fender pickups, cloth wiring and Orange Drop capacitor, exclusive neck plate, abalone fret markers and "1998" inlay on the 12th fret (imagine this as a present for someone who is turning 18 this year!) Gold hardware has faded a bit here and there over the years, but still looks incredible!
This instrument received a full professional setup with deep body clean, neck deep clean, full electronics check, truss-rod and action and intonation adjustment! D'addario with Fender 10-46 nickel-plated steel strings.
This guitar will be shipped around UK and EU meticulously packed in a sturdy guitar cardboard box with Parcelforce Courier. 24h courier service provided to UK customers. Worldwide shipping available as well!
Fender Telecaster - 55 Vintage Reissue - USA - Tobacco Sunburst (1998)
1. Amazing soft V-shape flamed maple neck with abalone markers and a special "1998" inlay on the 12th fret. Very light wear on the frets, vintage gloss lacquer on the back, 9,5'' neck radius. A true pleasure to play! Equipped with Kluson Gold vintage tuners, which work exceptionally well and hold tuning even with a lot of string bending. Truss-rod work smoothly and is adjusted at the heel of the neck. Comes with a special neck plate with the limited edition number (12 out of 1998 ever made). One of the best Tele neck we've ever seen here at Guitar Garage London!
2. Figured Swamp Ash body in two-tone tobacco sunburst sings like a real vintage Tele! Plenty of lows, mids and sparkling highs, very balanced weight and stunning wood grain coming through the paint. Comes with original single ply pickguard and gold hardware.
3. Specially voiced 1955 Fender pickups have plenty of bite and a lot of tonal variation via the tone knob and are made using the same machinery as in the 50s. Can handle plenty of gain without any squealing or noise, very well balanced set with deep but not muddy neck pickup and bright and cutting bridge pickup. Full size 250K pots, Sprague Orange drop capacitor, CRL USA 3-way selector switch, waxed cloth wiring and Switchcraft output jack.
4. All gold hardware including Kluson tuners, knurled knobs, strap buttons, "Pat Pend" bridge, control plate, neck plate and screws. You could order gold hardware for your Telecaster in 1955 for extra cash, real vintage Telecasters like this one sell for about 30K.
1. Fender Tweed vintage case with brown leather sides and handle, gold hardware and red plush interior with an accessories compartment. Sides of the case are worn, but the inside is very good and the locks and catches work very well. Comes with a set of keys!
2. Fender strap with faux leather ends and Fender logo
3. Fender Vintage style black rubber O-ring strap locks - this is how they locked their straps in 1952!
4. Fender Medium plectrums (x3)
5. Fender bumper sticker
Please note that although we put our heart and soul and also all our knowledge into every single guitar we sell, a setup is a personal preference and we cannot give any guarantees. However, we try to get the best playability out of every guitar and set them up so you can play both rhythm and lead. We also pull them all apart to clean and check every single component and replace all unreliable parts with new ones, from dodgy pots to the whole wiring, tuners, string trees, nuts and etc. All the work done is described in detail in the listing.
We make sure that every guitar we sell is problem free and take full responsibility for the accuracy of our listing descriptions. All photographs are done by a professional photographer and processed on a calibrated monitor. Some colours might look slightly different on your monitor, but we will always put the official Fender colour name in the listing description, so please study pictures of other guitars with the same colour if you are unsure. We focus on finding great quality guitars and making them reliable and inspiring to play.